Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Ella's Narrative 20/9

One beaming sunny day, we went for a walk through the shady forest to have a picnic. I was with my mother, Daisy, Donald, Cole, Niki, Clover, and Erica. We were walking along the path gravel path. We heard swishing below. As we got closer to the cliff we saw brown murky water swishing beneath the broken bridge. We had no choice but to cross. The bridge was swinging side to side. Each step we took planks would fall into the water. My feet were shaking as I dodged the holes of the swinging bridge. I was the smallest out of my brothers and sisters. All my sibling's pushed past me as they roamed down the bridge. We were quater way there when we heard a loud snap! We stopped.  I turned around, I stared at the dangling rope. All of a sudden we started to fall, I was holding my breath as we fell closer to the water. I opened my eyes I thought I was dead. I looked around miserably. The dead tree caught the bridge. My siblings were running now determined to get to the other side. The polluted water sprayed as the water slammed against the rocks.  My black boots were getting wetter as we got closer to the middle of the bridge. My boots were now soaked my toes were as cold as ice. All of a sudden I heard a crash! The bridge stopped swinging side to side. I looked back. My siblings were sprinting. I looked around confused until I noticed the tree fell over. The bridge was sinking slowly. I glared down at the stream it could drown me in seconds. My family got to the other side safely. I was right behind them until I tripped. I tried furiously to get up, but my foot got wedged even more between the wood.

2 comments:

  1. I like your use of interesting puncuation,vocabulary and adjectives. Next time you could work on sentence length; some long sentences and some short sentences. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used great vocab it made me feel it.
    the thing you should fix is the sentence (we were walking along the path gravel path)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.